Monday, October 16, 2017

ASCII Art | 10.17.17

After looking over the ASCII Art website and at several different examples, I have decided it is definitely a unique type of art. I did not really know what to expect when I first heard "ASCII", I had never heard the term before, nor did I know this was even an art form.

This definitely probably would not be an art form that I would take up, however it is pretty interesting. They are using different character (@#$%&*) to make designs, graphics, and pictures. I think we see a simple form of this used on social media and messaging at times, for example the "¯\_(ツ)_/¯" that people often use as a shrug. 

This art form would definitely be challenging and take some thought as to how to position the different characters. Some of the designs were very complex and some were fairly simple, which is pretty cool because you can take this to extremes or keep it as simple as you want. I find it intriguing, but it is not a favorite art form of mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Art Project | 12.12.17

https://vimeo.com/247041072 For my video art project I decided to focus on the cast members at Walt Disney World. Disney is known for the...