Thursday, November 2, 2017

Grid Art | 11.2.17

This project was definitely a time consuming thing, but also pretty fun to plan and do. I chose a pop art image of Mickey Mouse to use for my project. First, I took the image and converted it into a pixelated version in Photoshop to be my reference.

After that I went through and used the eye drop tool to narrow down the colors that I would end up using for the actual paining. However, once I actually got started I removed some of the colors because some of the colors ended up being very similar. 

Once I narrowed down my colors, I assigned each color a number and went through each square and gave it a number for the color that would go there; basically a paint by number system. For the final product I painted each square to form the image of Mickey Mouse!  It ended up being 12 in by 12 in, and 30 by 30 units.



 


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Art Project | 12.12.17

https://vimeo.com/247041072 For my video art project I decided to focus on the cast members at Walt Disney World. Disney is known for the...