Monday, October 2, 2017

Stage Door Broadway | 10.3.17

My favorite Broadway show from the excerpts on Angel de Quinta's blog is no doubt Grease. Being a classic movie that I grew up watching and have always loved, I really enjoyed this performance. The song that was sung in the excerpt is probably my favorite song from the whole movie/show. The costumes are amazing and I love the storyline. I would love to see this performed on the stage someday. 

My next favorite show was Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. This being a favorite childhood movie, I was excited to click on the trailer for this show. The technology used in this performance was very evident just from the two minute video alone. There were projections, levitations, and props that were done incredibly. This is a show that I would go and see for sure.  

Lastly, I really liked the show The Color Purple. All of the songs that were on there were so upbeat and had a really good sound to them. I personally love Jennifer Hudson, so hearing her sing is always great for me. In her and the cast's performance of "Push Da Button" everyone was really into it (as they should be) and Jennifer Hudson's singing was amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Art Project | 12.12.17

https://vimeo.com/247041072 For my video art project I decided to focus on the cast members at Walt Disney World. Disney is known for the...