Monday, September 11, 2017

Raul Cuero Interview | 9.12.17

This interview with scientist and inventor Raul Cuero was very enlightening to a different perspective of creativity than people may first think of. Normally when you hear the word "creativity", you think of art, but not so much in this case.
Cuero had a difficult time growing up and so he had to be creative in the way he handled different situations. He said creativity is how we "perceive nature". I agreed in his statement about how children nowadays are at a creative disadvantage because they're so focused on electronics and are not going outside and doing things outside. Children's communication skills are weaker because they are using technology. Face to face communication is lacking in many people these days and I think Cuero addressed this correctly. 

I also really liked how Cuero talked about "learning by doing". He said we need to stop using deductive learning as much and start using inductive learning. You aren't going to learn as much from just reading things that are already "known" from a textbook, but by doing things yourself and learning new things. I agree in the fact that he said we need to stop "quick fixing" things, things take time, and we need to give it that time.
I'm going to use advice from this interview in my day to day life, especially in my academic life. I'm going to be creative and try different ways in learning. Also with my jobs and social life, finding different ways to handle certain situations than I might usually. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Art Project | 12.12.17

https://vimeo.com/247041072 For my video art project I decided to focus on the cast members at Walt Disney World. Disney is known for the...